spot_img

CALL UP NEW SQUAD FOR AFCON – PLAYERS TELL ZIFA AS CHAOS HITS CAMP

Story by Bhora Afrika

Saudi Arabia – WARRIORS players in Saudi Arabia have told ZIFA and new coach Marian “Mario” Marinica to call up new players for the AFCON finals as they will not be comfortable playing for him at the continental showpiece.

Sources within the Warriors camp revealed Friday that Mario had been very abusive after their 3-1 loss to Algeria on Thursday.

Goalkeeper Washington Arubi, Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Tawanda Chirewa, Tawanda Maswanhise and Dynamos captain Emmanuel Jalai were the main victims of his vitriol.

Mario is said to have laid into Jalai, whom he dismissed as a player, even without watching him train.

Maswanhise was said to play like a granny while Arubi was scolded and told he doesn’t behave like a 40-year-old

Chirewa, as earlier reported, should be on his way back to his UK base after the fallout. He has quit the squad.

ZIFA is reportedly saying he was called back by his club, a move that is impossible considering FIFA statutes.

Kaitano Tembo is also an unfortunate victim.

“It’s a crisis. Players have revolted and are demanding that Mario leaves,” said the source.

“All European based players have indicated that they will not be available for selection ahead of AFCON finals in solidarity with the others.”

ZIFA, on the other hand, is seriously considering firing, paying him up and getting FC Platinum coach Norman Mapeza, Scottland’s Tonderai Ndiraya and Simba Bhora’s Joel Luphahla to take the boys to Morocco.

Hot this week

"; } ?>

Related Articles

Popular Categories